Re: MG TF replica or?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MG TF replica or?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:38:55 -0800
Huh... for one of those Kit Kar Klassics it's not too off-putting (he admits
grudgingly). The fact it uses MG drivetrain parts is a plus, I guess (I hope
they're not scrapping Bs for parts!). But what the heck does it use for a
frame? The fact that this outfit is providing full frame, body and interior
makes me suspect that very little economy will be realized versus an actual
TF -- in fact I bet this rig is more expensive, not less. This supposition
is borne out by the fact that the entrepreneur never mentions price as a
selling point, merely superior performance and braking (courtesy of the B),
and a "rot-free" body (fiberglass). And in the end, what do you have? A
"special", I guess you could say... and one whose wheels are obviously too
small <g>.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149