RE: SU Adjustments - Float Height - Pressure????

To: "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SU Adjustments - Float Height - Pressure????
From: "Phil Vanner" <philv@pclink.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 13:04:11 -0600
There is one atmosphere of pressure on the fuel in the float bowl. There is
slightly less than one atmosphere of pressure in the carb throat above the
jet. Thus petrol does "squirt" out of the jet.

Really the same thing as it being siphoned.   The height of the gas in the
jet when there is no vacuum in the carb is fluid seeking it's own level, but
when the engine is running, some gas is always being sucked up around the
needle.

Phil
Mk1 Midget