Re: Now it is too high

To: twobees@sprynet.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Now it is too high
From: JERTIGGER2@cs.com
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2001 09:33:11 EST
twobees@sprynet.com writes:

<< Jerry Rein asks about lowering his Midget's rear a little.

 Two solutions - 1) use lowering blocks sold by various of the Brit car parts
 suppliers, or 2) have a spring shop reverse one of the spring eyes.  I'm
 actually going to do that to my B to lower the rear for racing.

 Norm Sippel
 '66 MGB

I installed new 1500 springs on my 73 midget to replace the sagging rear, new
springs made rear too high. Looks like the PO made new longer shackles to
raise the rear to compensate for the sag.

I will either have to purchase the real shackles or re drill the holes in the
ones on the car. I haven't seen any lowering blocks in the catalogs I have.
  Where?

Jerry Rein