Re: Shackle dimensions needed

To: JERTIGGER2@cs.com
Subject: Re: Shackle dimensions needed
From: David C Littlefield <dmeadow@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 21:16:22 -0600
I make it 2 3/8", center to center.

A couple of words of advice on the new springs:-

Make sure that you don't completely tighten up the shackle bolts until
the car is resting on the ground, per the manual.

Don't get too concerned about ride height until you've driven the car
around a bit.  Brand new springs sometimes settle a bit.

Good luck!

David Littlefield

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 10:22:48 EST JERTIGGER2@cs.com writes:
> I sure would appreciate it if someone on the list would go out and
> look under
> the rear of their Midget and measure the distance
>  from the center of the top shackle bolt to the center of the bottom
> shackle
> bolt.
>
> Mine appear to be home made and much longer than the picture in the
> parts
> catalog end result rear higher than needed.
>
> I intend to redrill the bolt holes on mine but need the dimensions.
>
> TIA
>
> Jerry Rein
> Naples, FL

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!