Re: Electronic fuel pump and lines

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic fuel pump and lines
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 13:50:16 -0600
Jon:

Being not familiar with the fuel system in the later B, I cannot
answer anything about replacing the fuel line.

However, you may be able to recut the old line.  When cutting
wire cable the normal proceedure is to first wrap the area of
line to be cut with several layers of electrical tape.  I would
think that would also apply to the braided fuel line.  The method
of cutting is best tried using a bolt cutter if you want to do it
with the line on the car.  If you don't have a bolt cutter, there
is a second method which requires removal of the line.  Place the
line to be cut, after wrapping, on a solid anvil and use a very
sharp metal cutting chisel and hammer.  You need to do the
cutting with one blow if possible.  I hope this gives you some
ideas.

Blake