Re: Ignition Light

To: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Light
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:17:14 -0000
If it's only flickering, only does it on acceleration, and *is* accompanied
by a misfire (which you should be able to feel as a hesitation or roughness
at the gear-lever as well as hear) then it is almost certainly a loose wire
or connection in the brown - ignition switch - white area.  With no misfire
it could just be loose wire/connection near the alternator.  As far as a
loose fan-belt goes, IMHO as long as the alt was still spinning *at least*
at the same speed as at idle the light would not come on.  If it was less
than that it would come on solid and stay on till it speeded up again.  But
as I say that is just MHO.

PaulH.