Re: Rattly problem update

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rattly problem update
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 15:10:45 -0800
You can actually jack the engine up by using a board under the sump to
spread the weight (if you're not too fussy).

If you're going to go to the trouble of rebuilding the engine, reface the
flywheel, inspect the ring gear for tooth damage while you're at it (replace
if necessary), and definitely replace all clutch components (plate, disc,
and throw-out bearing).

If you are really on 2-week schedule, I'm sure you can get a short block
exchange from one of the usual suppliers. Otherwise I'd be surprised if you
could get the machine work done quickly enough.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///