Re: Why a B specific list?

To: George <aigel.geo@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Why a B specific list?
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 22:36:56 -0600
George:

FWIW

If you wanted to go up and down the old threads, you need to go
to the archives at

http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=mgs

Or you can set your mailer to sort the messages as threads.  Keep
the threads until its done, and then throw it away.  Or keep the
messages as threads in the trash can and when they're done,
delete from there.

I, for one, don't like the attachments that come through Yahoo.
I belong to the twin cam list and they originally were Egroups.
They have since been taken over by Yahoo.  Every email I get now
has a Yahoo add at the bottom which just fills up the storage
faster on my IP's servor for my mail.  If I don't get the mail
for more than three days, the server gets full and will reject
them.  Then "majorbozo" drops me from the list for the mail being
returned.  And ... with "majorbozo" lists you don't have to worry
about picking up a virus as there are NO ATTACHMENTS.
"majorbozo" also keeps other garbage down by eliminating all of
those extraneous quotes.  We're having trouble now with a server
somewhere duplicating posts.  I have been told by my NET savy
brother that over 50% of ALL traffic (that doesn't include WWW)on
the net is duplicated or quoted messages.  The reason we need
those 56K modems and big drives is to handle all of the fluff!

Blake

P.S.  If someone wants a picture of me, heaven forbid, or my cars
(DEFINATELY), they can always request one.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list