BGT value

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: BGT value
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 00:36:34 -0500
I have been looking for a parts car lately for my '71 B roadster I am
restoring. A '73 BGT has come on the market within a couple of hours of me
that has shown some promise. Car has usual rocker, sill, dogleg and fender
rust. Engine needs a ring job so uses a lot of oil and needs rebuilt, but it
does have a good OD tranny. The guy selling the car claims to be an ex-TRF
employee, and has done extensive mechanical work on the car in the last year
or so. Has rebuilt HIF carbs, rebuilt front brake calipers, all new brake
and engine hoses, rear Koni tube shock conversion, new clutch slave and
master, sport coil, wiper and turnsignal switches, new tires (claimed over
$2000 in new/rebuilt parts). Asking price is $1200, but he said he is taking
offers. I was thinking more in the $600-$700 range, but wanted to query the
collective wisdom of the list to see if I'm in the right ballpark here. TIA.

Craig
'71 B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list