Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)

To: "Mgs@Autox.Team.Net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Further To No Power (GMC Pickup)
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 18:32:29 -0500
I would pull the top off the carburetor and clean the float bowl.  What
might be happening, is that debris is being sucked against the main jet
resulting in partial fuel starvation, when increased amounts are required.
This won't cost anything to try, unless you damage a gasket, which is
unlikely.  An SU has a self cleaning jet, unlike many.

> Things I've checked.
>
> Fuel Filter at the carb - changed a dirty looking filter.
> Fuel screen in the tank.
> Exhaust - new dual exhaust with NO catalytic converter

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list