MGA drove out to see B-17G

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA drove out to see B-17G
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@khoral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 16:57:58 -0700 (MST)
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Bob Holton wrote (to Kai):

> I thought you bought the Tr***ph because you could not get the MGB together.

Heh heh.

And now for something completely different.

www.b17.org

This airplane has been in Albuquerque for a couple of weeks and I've seen
it flying several times.  Yesterday I drove the A out to the little
airport where it's been staying and got a good look at it and watched it
start up and take off and land a few times.  Truly awesome.  When it comes
up real slow and banks to pass over the flight line -- Holy crap!
Seriously weak knees.  There were some old dudes there that had flown them
in the war.  A few had been shot down and were POWs.  There was an
Austrian guy who remembered seeing large groups of them flying over when
he was a kid.  Interesting perspectives and stories.

How's that for off-topic?

--
Kevin Sullivan             kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.