Re: Clutch Hydrolics; Master Cylinder; 77B

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Clutch Hydrolics; Master Cylinder; 77B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 13:40:09 -0800
Well, it can be easier to take out the whole box with both MCs together, but
then you have to bleed the brakes, too, which increases the time allotment
immensely. Otherwise, there is an access hole with a rubber plug accessible
from behind the dash (if you call that accessible) which gives you a
slightly better shot at the line fitting, helping you avoid rounding off the
nut.

But, basically, your assessment is correct.

One thing to check while you're at it is the pin that links the pedal arm to
the MC -- this can be really worn, causing a sloppy pedal.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///