Re: GM Carb Rebuild - NO LBC

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GM Carb Rebuild - NO LBC
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:40:14 -0800
Well, these American downdraft carbs, as you will find out, have very little
in common with SUs. In fact, they are a lot more complex, in terms of having
a lot of small parts (especially if they have multiple barrels). But on the
other hand, no one has ever accused them of needing some kind of voodoo to
get right. Usually you just take them apart, replace a bunch of gaskets and
o-rings, the floats and needle valves, adjust 2 or 3 points to spec, and
you're done. Good luck.

on 3/21/01 4:23 PM, mgraziano@mindspring.com at mgraziano@mindspring.com

--

Max Heim