Peter Tork MGB-GT lyrics

To: Margaret Winters <wintersm@mindspring.com>,
Subject: Peter Tork MGB-GT lyrics
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 09:34:48 -0500
Peter Tork (of the Monkees) wrote these lyrics in homage to a MGB-GT:

MGB-GT

                   Lately my mind is drifting back
                   To former days that used to be.
                   I think about some folks I knew and of my MGB-GT.
                   People let me tell you that if I had to make a recipe
                   For fun in driving I would have to spell it MGB-GT.

                   Cruising, using, choosing it,
                      amusing myself without a care;
                   Striving, thriving, hot-rod driving,
                       not arriving anywhere.

                   Folks, this little car of mine
                      was like a kitten purring throatily.
                   Sometimes it even seemed to soar
                       into the heavens, my red MGB-GT.

                   Tooling, fueling my good feeling,
                       schooling me in ways to know
                   Soaring, flooring it, adoring it,
                       my little way to go.

                   Folks, this little car of mine
                      was like a kitten purring throatily.
                   Sometimes it even seemed to soar
                       into the heavens, my red MGB-GT.

                   But I, I learned you have to lose some things
                      before you treasure them,;that's how it goes.
                   And I, I didn't give time to my car
                       and lost my car to time; what did I know?

                   And so life carries on,
                   And lots of things are better now for me.
                   And yet I think back on those golden times
                   When I had my red MGB-GT.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list