Re: TD pedal shaft from hell!

To: rdwilt@pol.net
Subject: Re: TD pedal shaft from hell!
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 13:46:08 -0500
Roger,
   Were the removal saga the usual one, you would not be quite at the
half-way point. That you have had the regrettable misfortune of a seized
bushing may, however, have got you to the half-way point, measured by
wrench-hours and time.
    I got the pins, bushings and all the other parts from Moss.  All fit
well and the difficulties were only of the usual perversity of inanimate
objects plus the usual dirt and grit appearing from nowhere to complicate
the tasks.
   Getting the bushing into the chassis is difficult principally because
it goes perpendicular to the center line of the chassis, but the chassis
rail is not parallel to the center line at this point.   I pulled the
bushing in by means of 5/16 bolts and sockets and washers, a number of
washers.  Cut a couple of washers in half  (like a   "C"  ) so that you
can use them as shims to tilt the bolt so that the bushing pulls in
straight. A smear of grease on the outside of the bushing helped to ease
it into the chassis.
  Last week when we wrote about this, I asked if anyone had a better idea
than mine for excluding road dirt from the box.  In the garage yesterday
I found an extra TD round-taillight rubber.  This might fit the box and
block dirt, while allowing movement of the levers. Has anyone tried this?
Bob

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list