Orphan LBCs sighted

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Orphan LBCs sighted
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 12:10:46 -0800
Yesterday while driving by I spotted a pair of LBCs languishing in one of
those "donate your car" used car lots, so I stopped to check them out.

61 Sunbeam Alpine. Faded red but serviceable paint, some filler on RF wing,
rust just peeping through the inner wheel arches. 94 Pennsylvania plates.
Wire wheels. Tatty but very complete. Running status unknown but unlikely.
Marked $2K but I'll bet that's just a starting figure for negotiation. My
take was that it was a good starting point for a full resto -- for an Alpine
fanatic, only, since you'd never make your money back on a Series I Alpine.

?? Mark II Sprite body. Someone's abandoned racer project. Straight-looking
clean shell with good white paint and double blue racing stripe. No interior
or dash. No engine. Tranny still in place. Original steel wheels with caps.
I think it was tagged $1500.

This place had all sorts of oldies and oddities, from a 49 Plymouth wagon to
a 69 Rambler Ambassador convertible. In Santa Clara, CA, on Lafayette at
Memorex (or the next cross street).
--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149