Re: Beware - Major Self-Pity Content Ahead

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Beware - Major Self-Pity Content Ahead
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 14:38:07 +0000
> Nothing quite went right today. I couldn't quite get it all together
> (trying too hard, I think), left the track in spectacular fashion a
> couple of times...  and then the clutch pedal drops to the floor -
> and I find no fluid in the reservoir.  To top it off there is rain
> on the way (having 'fun' on the track I can take rain, even with no
> top, but 'crippled'...  it was just getting more depressing).

OK, it is good new/bad news time - well, really just GOOD NEWS as far as
I am concerned.

When I finally got the courage up to check out what really had happened,
I found one seriously SPLIT slave cylinder.  Replaced that and put a kit
in the master and ... woohoo - on the road again.

I still have to repair the front spoiler and find out why there was so
much difficulty bleeding the clutch after the new slave cylinder (and
stainless steel lines) went in, but... I *am* back on the road again!

Now to get my new, bigger tyres and all will be well to battle those
Healey's at Easter!

:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

PS Thanks to all for you kind wishes and condolences... she lives!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list