Which rims for my 'B?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Which rims for my 'B?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 23:06:23 +0000
Collective knowledge required here.

In my usual way, I have decided to put myself under pressure for my
upcoming (Easter Friday/Saturday) race (ooops, supersprint) meeting.

I will be competing against a field of Sprites, trying to spoil their
fun at their National Meeting, in my '68 'B (new go-fast engine and
all).  But I have decided that I REALLY, REALLY need more rubber on the
ground by then.

I am going for 205/60 Bridgestone Potenzas (circuit formula but still
street-legal tread and compound) - which of course means that I need
5-1/2 or 6" rims.  I currently have 5" rims.

I have found a source of cheap Datsun rims but the offset has to be such
that the tyres will fit under the present, non-flared bodywork.

Have I set myself an impossible task?

If not, then can anyone tell me the Datsun model rim that 'works' (I
will have to translate in to Aussie model designation, but just quote
what you know)?  I don't have much time to 'experiment'.

If there is a better, non-budget-busting answer, please let me know.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///