Re: moisture problem

To: paul.hunt1@virgin.net, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: moisture problem
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 16:57:24 -0600
I can't look at the tach - it doesn't work. As a 65B (actually a late 64),
it had a mechanical tach. Now with the 18V engine installed, I bought a
tach to use in it that had been converted to negative ground. Maybe I did
something wrong but the installation looked straight forward. The tach
should be inline with power going in to the tach, through a coiled wire,
and then to the hot lead of the ignition coil.

I had to make the wires for the circuit and make the connections. The car
still started but the tach never moved. Unless I did something wrong.

I just got another 67 tach, converted for negative ground, off of Ebay on
the assumption the other tach is bad. In the meantime, is there anyone out
there with a negative ground converted 65-67 tach that can confirm that the
wiring is the basic setup I described?

David

At 09:01 AM 4/13/2001 +0100, paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:
>I'd look at the tach - I presume it is electric.  If the tach dies at the
>same time as the engine, that is, before the engine comes to a complete
>halt, the problem is in the ignition LT.  If the tach only slowly drops in
>time with the engine revs then it is something else like ignition HT or
>fuel - the HT is relatively easy to check.
>
>PaulH.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list