NEED A 73B TRANNY!!!

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: NEED A 73B TRANNY!!!
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:15:21 -0400
Okay guys! Here's the deal.

My 73B Black Beauty roadster, non-OD transmission went kaflooey! Started
grinding in first, second, third and reverse. Now also pops out of reverse.
Doesn't seem to grind or do anything wrong in high. Happened pretty much all
at one time. Fluid WAS very low, but I don't believe that it was THAT low.
Haven't driven it much since it started this.

The local guy that I trust and was counting on to fix it or to get a good
used tranny from (at a reasonable price) is away for racing season and won't
be able to deal with it for a while.

It is SPRING!!!! I NEED to drive my B!!! I need some help. Has anybody got
any (affordable) ideas - or a good, used, does not have to be OD, tranny
that can be counted on? Of course an OD conversion would be great, but I
don't want to put (what usually is) that kind of money into what is in
reality just a toy for me.

I've have done everything to this car myself over the years and it has come
out reasonably right - but, 1. I'm intimidated by working on the tranny -
and 2. I really don't have that kind of time to invest in it right now. I
really need a "swap out" kind of fix.

I've seen listers giving away good used non-OD trannys in the past. Any of
you out there? I'll pay too, as long as it is reasonable I can count on the
tranny to be a good one and I can get it NOW. Any ideas?

HELP!!!!

THANKS!!!

Jerry Erbesfield
73 B Black Beauty roadster