Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy?

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy?
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:13:42 +0100
Ads for such devices are generally banned in the UK, and in some other parts
of the world I believe, because the vendors cannot demonstrate how it works
or even if it works.  They may have loads of testamonials from satisfied
customers, but a) the vendors are only going to tell you about compliments,
b) people who had shelled out would say that, and c) what have any of them
got to compare it with?  Controlled tests were carried out by the the UK
Motor Industry Research Association on behalf of the Federation of British
Historic Vehicle Clubs and whilst they only published results for products
that *did* have a beneficial effect on Valve Seat Recession (all fuel
additives, no in-line devices) they also tested a number of products
(including in-line devices) that had *no* beneficial effect, and in some
case a worsened effect.  These 'failures' were not published.  Fuelstar is
available in the UK, but only at shows etc as far as I know, not though
advertisements.  Draw your own conclusions.

PaulH.