MGB Picture Web Site - My Completed Restoration

To: "MGB List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Picture Web Site - My Completed Restoration
From: "Randy Trautman" <trautman@nwlink.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 10:49:34 -0700
Thanks to the tip about Hagerty from the list, I just insured my MGB for the
first time in 16 years.  I have just nearly completed the restoration of the
car and wanted to show people that have helped me, how it came out.  The site
is running on a little Linux web server I have at home.

This is proof that the average joe can successfuly, if not (very) slowly,
restore one of these cars.  I kept the $$ down by completing all of the work
myself - including the body work and paint.  This car was totally stripped and
reassembled.  I discovered this mailing list a little late in the process, but
members have helped me solve several problems that aren't documented anywhere
else.  Thank you!

It's been really fun to drive it again.  Three things that I've noticed.
First, the last time I drove it, SUVs and minivans had not been invented.  The
cars have gotten a lot bigger and the MG seems a lot smaller!  Second, now
days, a lot of people have no idea what kind of car it is.  It really attracts
a lot of attention.  Third, it is still a blast to drive!  Unlike the new
computer controlled and fuel injected cars, when driving an MG, you are very
much an active part of the process.  It sort of needs you.

I just bought a digital camera.  If you need pictures to help out with your
restoration, please let me know and I'll try to help.

http://207.202.133.106/mgb/

Randy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list