Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy? (fuelstar)

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: has anyone used this fuel thingy? (fuelstar)
From: "mgamgb" <mgamgb@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:17:07 +1200
> In the last issue of the French magazine "Retro Viseur", on page 29
> there's an ad of a little fuel filter-like thing called "Fuelstar" that
> is made in New Zealand, claiming to use the chemical element Sn to solve
> the unleaded problem for at least 500,000 kilometers....!!

Re Fuelstar

Tin in a tin fitted into the fuel line

Our local consumer organisation took them to court.

The Automobile Association arranged tests through  Sydney University (
Australia) - no proof that claims are valid.

We also have at the moment magnetic devices that clip on the fuel lines, air
intakes, and radiator hoses - all claimed to fix what may be wrong with
them.

Unfortunately in NZ we dont have legislation that requires people flogging
this sort of thing to be able to prove their claims before putting them on
the market. The onus of proof is on the complainant to show that they dont
work.

Ian f

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list