Re: MGB Gauge

To: PBoothLNA@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGB Gauge
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 08:17:56 -0600
The temperature sender unit is built into the gauge so I don't think it is
interchangeable (at least as a workable DIY). It can be repaired however. I
had mine done at Mo-Ma. They replace the sender unit and calibrate it. Cost
is $90. Mo Ma is in Albuquerque. 505 766-6661 (I used email but I don't
have the email address handy). Nisonger also repairs the gauge but their
charge was quoted at $110, I think.

David

At 09:54 AM 4/24/2001 -0400, PBoothLNA@aol.com wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Does anyone have experience at repairing MGB temperature/oil pressure gauges?
>
>My B is a 64 and I believe it should have a Jaeger gauge. The Jaeger gauge
>that I have has the temperature sender tube broke off but I have a spare
>smiths gauge working and in tact. I wondered if the senders were
>interchangeable and if swapping from one gauge to another was a DIY task?
>
>TIA,
>Paul Booth.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list