Re: Question about battery cable

To: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Question about battery cable
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:50:07 -0600
Back in the days when we used to have a local British Auto Parts (BAP)
store here in Montana, I asked them where I could buy the battery cable.
They referred me to a local auto parts store that could make me one. I just
had to tell them how long - they cut a cable and put the ends on it, the
battery terminal end and the round fitting that connects to the starter
post. Its not as good as the original but it works.

That was a few years ago so I forgot the size. I'm thinking it was about
48-50" long. So in short, ask one of your larger local auto parts store if
they can make one or know someone who will. You will have to remove the old
one which will involve removing several rubber holders on the underside of
the car, a fairly dirty job if your car has lubricated its underside
through the standard means.

David

At 09:46 PM 4/25/2001 -0700, rexcats wrote:
>You guys are probably going to get sick of my dumb questions but I really
>appreciate the help!  Found out tonight that the positive battery cable on
>the 79MGB has a cracked connector and there isn't enough cable left if I cut
>it off to just put on a new connector so this cable goes forever! under the
>car and up to the engine somewhere which means we have to trace it but that
>is okay, problem where do I find a cable that long to replace it?  They
>don't seem to have them in the Moss catalog or I am not finding it there. We
>did get the manual today and that will be helpful with the speedometer
>problem, and a bunch of new cool stuff for the interior so my son is getting
>very excited and is having a great time working on this car!
>
>Thanks
>
>Lisa Ann

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list