'76 catalytic RBB panel question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '76 catalytic RBB panel question
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 12:36:31 -0400 (EDT)
How's that for identifying the problem.  I changed the Z-S  carbs to SU's.
In the process, the EGR valve was removed. My SO just noticed after about
8 months of driving like this that the EGR panel light under the
cigarette lighter is on.

I read in one manual that it automatically goes on at 25,000 miles (40000
km) and it needs "service" to turn it off. Is the absence of the valve the
reason the light is on or is the light on for an independent reason?

I cannot take it to my local MG dealer here in the States, not that I
would if I could. Should I treat it the 'Car Guys way', it., black tape,
or should I disconnect the bulb or ignore it altogether and let it light
my way or ....what?

Thanks in advance,

BillSa
'76B