Re: Help there has to be a better way!

To: "rexcats" <rexcats@telocity.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Help there has to be a better way!
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 08:36:12 -0500
Tell Lisa Ann to put on her favorite album, this one takes awhile!

What worked for me (and there may be other ways to do it) was:

Start at one end and place several inches or so of the seal in ONE side of
the groove. With a large flat-blade screwdriver, work along the other edge
of the seal, levering/sliding that into the groove.  While holding the seal
that is already installed in the groove so that it doesn't pop out, work
your way along the frame this way. Most likely from this point on you'll
only be able to do an inch or so at a time.

As with you, I wasn't able to slide the seal thru the channel even with a
variety of lubricants.

Jeff
'70B

> Well as expected trying get the seal on the bottom of the windscreen for
> the 79 MGB is giving us a lot of grief tonight!!!!  Anyone out there have
> expertise as to how you are suppose to possibly slide the seal through the
> channel when the end pieces are on the window? WE can only get about 4 to
5
> inches on and then it pops back out!  SO help before I break the $#%&#
> window!
>
> Lisa Ann who has given up for tonight and hopes the miracle answer is in
her
> mail box in the morning!!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list