Re: '74 MGB fuel tank replacement

To: Jethogger@aol.com
Subject: Re: '74 MGB fuel tank replacement
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:12:56 -0600
At 07:12 AM 5/2/2001 -0400, Jethogger@aol.com wrote:
>Hello. I would replace it with a 1968 tank. Holds more gas.
>This tank is not vented. So an early gas cap and filler neck will have to be
>used. Your gas line will hook up OK. John

So if the tank is not vented, you need a "vented" early gas cap? Or is the
tank supposed to be pressured?

My son complained to me that whenever he removes his gas cap (65 B), there
is a whoosh from the release of pressure. I did move his resonater (second
muffler) a bit further from the gas tank, but otherwise, I told him I
thought it was a good thing. At least we know his tank doesn't have any
holes in it.

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B under construction