fuel problem/great DPO story

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel problem/great DPO story
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 22:09:28 -0400
well, not able to send the previous story,

Basically I was checking the intake and vent pipes on the float bowl covers
for my HS4s.
On the front carb I found I could not blow through the intake. so I sprayed
in some brake kleen into it and it was not going in well. spraying in from
the inside end showed a interesting item sticking out of the end. A piece
of wadding you would use to clean a .22 barrel. I have pretty good maint
records with the car so i cannot guess how long this cloth has been in the
fuel lines before getting all the way to the end and choking fuel flow to
the 3 & 4 cylinder. Oh well, at least i have a nice new fuel pump and a
great spare in the boot, plus I learned alot. Car needs a regular tune up
but i think it is better now.
Carl

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list