Button Clutch

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Button Clutch
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 05:20:38 +0000
I can't keep them in suspense any longer...

I have had a few queries (yes, James Jr especially) about this damn
button clutch I keep mentioning.  I didn't take a picture of it before I
installed it, so I have been hunting down a decent image on the 'Net so
you can see what it is all about.

I finally found a decent picture.

http://www.forcefed4.com/cgi-bin/pic.cgi?file=/25rs/clutch/dcp00345.jpg

Nice and responsive and light (well, I have mine sprung heavy but the
unit itself is light:-) and strong.  Grips like a politician's handshake
even when you drop it from high revs, yet (as I was promised) mine has
enough slip to make it street comfortable.

My only problem at the moment is that if I do the big boy's standing
start and drop the clutch from 4000 revs I just sit there with the tyres
spinning.  Of course this is why I am going from 185 to 205 tyres...
now, let's see how strong that drive train is.

Happy now, James Jr?

;-)

You are seeing nothing further under my bonnet... a guy has to have SOME
secrets from his fellow competitors!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
South Australia