Re: Cleaning paint overspray

To: BONNILA@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Cleaning paint overspray
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 18:42:45 -0600
Hopefully, I won't get flamed for this but it worked. On my 71BGT, the DPO
paint job had overspray on some of the chrome parts.  I used the corner of
a rag with a light amount of brake fluid to rub the paint off the chrome. I
heard that brake fluid was bad on paint and that was correct. Didn't hurt
the chrome though. I don't know about the rubber but you could try a few
test spots first.

David
67 BGT
72 B (restoration with parts from the 71BGT)

At 07:46 PM 5/7/01 -0400, BONNILA@aol.com wrote:
>I just had my 68 MGC GT repainted (pale primrose). The major hardware, etc.
>was removed before painting, but there is some overspray on various rubber
>gaskets, and on chrome moldings.
>
>What is the best way to remove this? Scraping is a last resort. Believe it or
>not, I've heard something about peanut butter on rubber. Any suggestions
>would be helpful.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Steve Y.

///