Looking for MGA Grille Samples

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Looking for MGA Grille Samples
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 11:54:53 -0700
Hi Folks.  I was asked if I would post this to the MG list.  It speaks for
itself.

My only association is to pay my kids way through college and have a good
time owning MGs.

Kelvin.

Would you mind posting the following message on the various internet "MG
lists"...?

        Moss Motors is attempting to manufacture a high quality reproduction
of the factory MGA grill assy ( both flat & recessed versions) and is in
need of genuine original samples. While  a "New Old Stock" factory sample
would be ideal, we will likely have to work with used originals which may be
partially damaged. The factory shells were stamped out of .036" thick brass
sheet and the back edges did not show signs of band saw cuts that were seen
on later reproductions. Fortunately, we do have copies of the factory
original drawings which will help insure an accurate reproduction.
        Please respond with any offers including condition and asking price
to Chris Nowlan at nowlanc@mossmotors.com.

Chris Nowlan
Product Development
Moss Motors, Ltd.