Re: window rattle

To: DenverD@texan.dk, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: window rattle
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 10:12:15 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/01 2:35:26 AM Eastern Daylight Time, DenverD@Texan.dk
writes:

> when i close the door on the right side of my 65B i have to blow
> the horn at the same time so folks won't notice how the window bang
> around inside the door..
>
> is that a several hour, or several DAY job?
> anyone done it able to provide a parts list to have on hand before
> beginning...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Less than a half day.  Take the handles off the door and remove the door
panel.  You should be able to easily figure out what is amiss.  I believe the
Moss catalog has good diagrams of the parts inside the door.

When you reassemble, it is a good idea to glue a new sheet of heavy plastic
sheeting on the inside of the door before putting the door panel back on.  A
thin bead of RTV will hold it in place.

I would also suggest that you change the wiper and brush at the top of the
door while you have the panel off.  Lube everything with white litium grease
because it is water resistant.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget