Re: EX257 is on the track!

To: ccrobins@ktc.com
Subject: Re: EX257 is on the track!
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 11:02:12 EDT
In a message dated 16/05/01 6:20:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ccrobins@ktc.com writes:

>  I've been saying for years that there will never be another _real_ MG
> sports car.  The days of simple, inexpensive, no-frills sporty cars are
> gone.  Of course, I drive and love a B (there's just something about the

There is another 'MG' in the sense of being a fairly basic, reliable and
enjoyable sports car, the only problem is that it isn't British.

I can't think of another car that embodies all of the virtues of, say, the
early MGB (before it became a pathetic travesty of a sports car, thanks to US
regulations and the factories unwillingness to spend any money on meeting
them), better than the Miata - and the number of happy owners and owners
clubs is evidence of their popularity.

Too bad they hadn't produced it in Britain and slapped an MG badge on THAT!

BIll

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list