Rocker Panel Replacement

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <barnesms@swbell.net>
Subject: Rocker Panel Replacement
From: "John DiFede" <JDIFEDE@cablevision.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 16:23:57 -0400
Mike wrote;

Now, what is your prefered method of working in this area, do you split the
seam removing all the old metal then sandwich the new rocker panel between the
two panels and re-weld. Or do you leave this seam alone since it is structural
then modify the rocker panel to fit over this area and seam weld it on?

Mike,
when I did my MGB I did not split the seam in the back or the front.  I plug
welded
my new rocker panel to the existing clean metal flange.  It worked just fine.

John

73 MGB
01 Mustang GT

John Di Fede