MG trivia...Antifreeze

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG trivia...Antifreeze
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 20:37:34 EDT
OK...Here's the official word on the colour of antifreeze as supplied my
Abingdon.....

Hi Rick,

    The original "Bluecol" was tinted BLUE, and was used in all models, as
you know all units had cast iron main engine components at that time.

    When the V8 was introduced during 1972 the aluminium engines required a
suitable anti freeze, this was coloured GREEN.

    Later there was a universal anti freeze used which was BLUE, and if my
memory serves me correctly I believe this was named "Bluecol AA".

    So briefly the factory used blue anti freeze at all times with green
being used on V8's from 1972 until 1976.

    Of course with the usual idiosyncrasies it is always possible that if
blue was a shortage green could have been used in a few cars.

        Best wishes to you all,

    Geoff & Jean.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list