Weekend clean-up (long

To: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>,
Subject: Weekend clean-up (long
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 14:53:39 -0500
Hi Gang,
   It's Friday again!  Yeeehaaa!
   Last evening I found time, before adjusting the carbs, to clean
my car!  Yes, the long awaited headliner-to-carpet clean-up has
begun.  (Remember, this is the car that was flooded with silty river
water.)  The interior panels and carpets are responding very nicely.
I have completed the trim around the headliner, the interior panels
except for the doors, which aren't too bad, and the passenger
foot well.  I am going to have to clean the headliner with a scrub
brush to get the discoloration out of the texture on the material.
Yet, I know it will come up nicely just from the condition of the
edges that got cleaned while addressing the edge trim.
   I cleaned and painted the brake and clutch pedals and arms then
installed new rubber covers on the pedals.  They look new.  I intend
to use the rubber floor mats (over the carpet) to continue the theme.
  The carpet that covers the rear deck in my GT is missing and as
my autumn leaf carpets have faded and are un-matchable, I think
I will use black carpet to cover that surface.  That will minimize the
'obviousness' of the color differences.  What was the original and
therefore 'correct' finish on the wooden deck panels?
   Do any of you have experience with the glass polish used to
remove scratches and tiny marks that occur with age in glass,
specifically, windscreens?  I don't want to replace anything that is
still serviceable.

   Tonight, or this weekend, I hope to finish the clean-up on the
passenger side footwell and the headliner.  I also need to pull the
passenger seat apart as the rake or reclining mechanism is frozen
solid.  That should be fun.  :-|
   Given enough time, I also need to refinish the lovely Mota Lita
wood steering wheel.  The lacquer is flaking off the wood rim as is
the black paint on the hub.  The polished aluminum spokes are
nice. :-)

   Thanks for listening while I brainstorm.

best regards,

Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research
5727 S. Lewis Ave., Tulsa, OK