LOL... another problem

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: LOL... another problem
From: "Greg Bass" <bass_c@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 18:38:25 -0400
The more I do the more things I find that need correcting. :-)

Well, I left the water pump on for now. There is a slight bit of movement
from side to side but none in and out. I will probably replace the pump next
week anyway just to be safe. I did find an interesting "situation" on the B.
I have a "78" B with a 45D4 dizzy. The PO has changed the ignition system
somewhat and he had also removed all (or most) of the emission equipment
also. I also found today that the head has been replaced with what I think
is a pre 76 one. I can tell this because there is no pipe on the backend of
the head for the coolent hose that comes from the autochock. What year did
they start to make the heads with this pipe? What the PO had done was tap a
pipe fitting into the top of the heater water control valve and ran the
water hose from the autochock to that. I'm not sure if that could cause any
problems but It appeared to work ok. The valve recently started leaking when
in the off position, but was water tight in the on position so I was
replacing it with a new one. Does anyone think I would be causing some
problems if I recreated the same setup as the old valve had with the
threaded pipe fitting and nipple? It's a simple job of drilling and tapping
the hole for the connection right on top of the valve neck. Does anyone know
of a different solution other than replacing the head with the correct one?

Anyway I am fighting the weather here today so not as much is getting done
as I'd hoped.

Greg Bass
'78 B

///