Odd suggestion

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Odd suggestion
From: RCR293@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:28:21 EDT
  I recently spoke with my father-in-law who has a 75 B, and is having trouble
with oil bubbling out of the dipstick.  He spoke with a parts supplier who
suggested putting a hose on the engine breather line and on the valve cover
breather line and directing both to a recovery tank (he suggested using an old
radiator tank).  This seems like a very odd suggestion to me and doesn't
address the problem.  Note that excessive oil is not coming out of either of
these breather tubes.

  I guess that my question is:  what would cause the oil to bubble out of the
dipstick tube?  Oil preasure registers about 50lbs cold and 25 or so hot (maybe
a little less) both of which are considerably less than my be which doesn't
have any oil bubbling of the dipstick tube.

  Thanks in advance
  Rob Rhodes

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list