Removing seats

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing seats
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:19:35 -0500
Hello Gang,
  I need to remove the seats from my '70 B-GT to repair
the 'reclining' mechanism in the squab.  However, I am
planning the job here at work (instead of working) and the
car is at home.  So I ask:
   Are the seat rails bolted to the floor pan with bolts from
above into captive nuts or do the nuts come off the bottom
of the pan?  This is non-trivial as the seat rails are frozen in
place.  The usual slide forward, slide back procedure would
be plenty difficult.
   All advice appreciated.
--
Rick Lindsay