Re: Radiator shroud for MGB

To: "MG NET" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator shroud for MGB
From: "Tom Bott" <tcbump@leading.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 08:44:52 -0400
Some company evidently did make a shroud for later mgb's.  I have a 79 B LE
with A/C.  It has (whats left) of a hard plastic shroud that fits exactly
around the radiator and extends back 2 inches before flaring in and extending
back another 3 inches around the fan.  The first weekend I owned the car
(1985), I had a water pump problem, (as they say in nascar, 'it jus blewwed
up'), and it shattered a part of the shroud.  Without the complete shroud,
water temp increased by about 10 degrees.  I have tried in vain to find
another and can only conclude that it was made by whatever company the dealer
had install the A/C (original invoice shows cost at $526 but no mention of
supplier).  I too would like to find another one and will appreaciate any help
from this list.
Keep 'em runnin,
Tom

///