Replacing Front A-Arm Bushings

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Replacing Front A-Arm Bushings
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 11:50:08 -0700 (PDT)
Well, I guess I should have done this before I started. In trying to
figure out how to get the rear of the 2 bushings on end of the A-arm, I
checked the archive, and found this -

I just replaced the bushings earlier this year.  No,  there is more to it
than that. You need to put car on stands, compress springs with the floor
jack.  Remove the spring pan and spring so you can completely remove the
A-arms.  Remove old  bushings and press in new ones (not as bad as it
sounds).  As Haynes would  say.  "Reassembly is reverse of removal".  When
it comes time to put the spring back in, if you don't have a spring
compressor get some one to help.  I pushed the pan and spring back up with
the floor jack and had my friend use a crow bar in the spring to move and
compress as needed to align each pan bolt one at a time.

Is this really the process I need to go through? Looks like I have a LOT
of rusty bolts to get un-done!  Thanks in advance for assistance....

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer (Driver)