Re: Mg's are costly to repair?

To: MGs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mg's are costly to repair?
From: Chris Kotting <ckotting@core.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 07:36:36 -0400
Sheesh.  I just bought a complete, running, engine for my wife's
Magnette (with all ancillaries), including the cost to go fetch it, for
about what you paid for an alternator!

Now admittedly, I'll probably out another few hundred into it making it
perfect, but still will be under your parts plus labor and towing bill.

Chris (shaking his head in amazement at folks who think MGs aren't
"practical")

> Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 16:31:10 -0400
> From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
> Subject: Mg's are costly to repair?
>
> WI bought my '78B last August, my brother made an off handed comment that
> they are costly to repair. Well.... he has a 97 Accura CL, and the
> alternator went out on it the other day. The cost of the repair:
>         Towing - $100
>         New alternator - $375 (no rebuilds. only new ones available strictly
>from
> an Accura dealer)
>         Labor to install - $250
> It makes my heart (and wallet) feel so good. LOL......
>
> Greg Bass

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list