Electrical HELP

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electrical HELP
From: "Rick Ehlert" <ricke@idcnet.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 19:49:25 -0500
Guys (and gals),
I've been waiting for my brake light switch and today it finally arrived!  I
installed it, turned the key on, and touched the brakes.  The brake lights
came on.  A half hour later, I thought I'd take it for a spin, started it,
and when I touch the brakes, the ignition light comes on and the car dies!
I took the leads off the brake switch and jumpered them together and the car
gets No juice to the ignition!  The head lights will still work, but no
power to start or run the car!!  Disconnect the wires and she runs fine!?!?

Any suggestions?
Rick
1965 MGB Mk1

///