Re: Overdrive swap

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive swap
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 22:55:52 -0700
Proper MG sells the borg clutch kit for ~$100.  You might be able to
get it even cheaper some where else too... It is worth the effort now
to save it later.

I have a few pictures online that I took when I pulled a '77 engine and
~70 OD from a '70 GT, cleaned it up and re-installed it in a '70B.  I
took pictures of the OD wires to use as a reference for me later.  They
are online at:

http://lundgren.denver.co.us/camera/MG%20Pictures/index0004.html

and go on for a page or two of the next page buttons.

On Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:36:34 -0600, K. Johnson wrote:

>I've seen a couple of posts, but none of the responses as to what it takes
>to do
>an overdrive swap.  I've got a 70B that I'm swapping the engine and tranny
>out for a different engine and overdrive tranny.  Just what do I need to
>have on hand and what am I gonna want half way into the event???  Should
>the wiring for the overdrive all ready be in my car, if so where the heck
>to I start looking for it???  I  know I should probably put a new clutch in
>while it's out, but I don't think finances or gonna let me do that right
>now....it also has a weber downdraft carb on it, and I know nothing about
>these.  Would it be better to switch back to my SU's or just leave it as
>is, since it was running before that way and then swap them out later if I
>decide I don't want the weber???

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list