Re: Metric wrenchs (was Working on modern cars)

To: Aaron Whiteman <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Subject: Re: Metric wrenchs (was Working on modern cars)
From: Martin <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 12:09:46 -0500
Aaron Whiteman wrote:

> > > Which one?
> >
> > All of them.
>
> Err no.  The only metric spanner I have used on mine is the 13mm.
> Close enough to 1/2" that it could do the job in a pinch.
>
> I am more likely to need a set of Whitworth tools than Metric.

Err yes. The front of the factory manual warns that there are a few
metric bolts and nuts in the RB models. The only BSF bolts
are in the gearbox internals. I'm least likely to fiddle with the
internals of the gearbox than just about anything else. So
when working on a rubber bumper MGB,
I would be more likely to need a metric wrench than one of
my BSF/Whitworth wrenches. YMMV.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list