Re: Body preporation advice

To: Phil Cleobury <mgsoftt@yahoo.com>, MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Body preporation advice
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2001 17:20:52 -0600
My experience with POR15 is that it should go on first, on the bare metal,
as it was designed for. Plus POR15 dries to a very hard surface, making it
much harder to sand down to a smooth surface like body filler. The POR15
instructions also indicate that paint may not adhere well to the surface
without extra preparation.

David

At 11:36 AM 6/5/2001 -0700, Phil Cleobury wrote:
>Hi
>Some body preporation advice!
>
>If the Body is striped back to bare metal.
>What should be the order of application of coats?
>
>1)Body filler
>2)POR15 (where required)
>3)Seam sealer
>4)Primer (filler)