$800 dollar 65 spridget project

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: $800 dollar 65 spridget project
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@home.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 02:26:22 -0700
I know the response I'm going to get, so I dont' know why I'm even
asking:
Tonight I helped my brother look at a 65 sprite
here are the details
the care is completely apart
the bonnet, bootlid, and wings are unattached
there is no paint
the engine is in pieces, in boxes
the interior is mostly gone
the windscreen is smashed
it's been sitting for some time
I looked, but I couldnt' find more than surface rust, which is pretty
much lightly coating most of the car
besides that, the body is straight all over, no ripples, or dents, or
much of anything
the woman wants her husband to get it out of the yard, so they most
likely can be talked down some from the $800 US asking price
I realise, of course, that this is a major ground up restoration
what I want to know is if this is a fair price, and if anyone has taken
one from this level and put it right, how much did it all cost?
I know most of you will say go for it, and I am so inclined, but it's
not my call.
Thanks in advance for any help,
Mike Jose
79 B in phoenix