literary consideration of an MG

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: literary consideration of an MG
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 08:53:18 -0400 (EDT)
What with the spate of emails identifying advertising using our cars, this
might be even more esoteric.

I don't have any sense as to how many listers read more than manuals. (I
suspect we're more literate than we'd admit.) I just finished a novel
(actually finished it for the 2nd time) and one line is worth shouting
about to the list.

The book is "The Wooden Sea" by Jonathan Carroll. (My suspicion is that a
fair number of you will quite enjoy the book.)

Try to imagine a 47 year old fellow transported 30 years in the past:
"Walking along, I enjoyed seeing great old cars that in my time were like
extinct animals-a Corvair and a MG-A parked on opposite sides of the
street."

This, from an author born in the US and for the last 20 years, living in
Vienna.

Bill Saidel
76 'MG-B'

Dept. of Biology