Re: Slow Starting When Hot 77B

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slow Starting When Hot 77B
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 02:44:47 -0500
At 11:03 PM 6/30/2001 -0400, Bud Krueger wrote:
>.... The car has been starting fine, but lately there's a tendency to bog
down and load up for a moment when I try to accelerate.  Plugs were getting
sooty and showing signs of running to rich. ....
>.... new set of plugs (NGK BP6ES).  Vroom!!! .... The problem now is the
engine is very reluctant to start when it's fully warmed up. ....

Most likely the autochoke is not releasing completely when the engine is
warmed up.  Consult manual for proper adjustment of choke.

Barney Gayloed
1958 MGA with an attitude (and trouble free manual choke)
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list